Utilities and Transportation
- NM Gas Company has suspended gas service disconnections for non-payment until further notice. You can pay your NMGC bill by mail, by phone or at https://www.nmgco.com/ at the My Account tab. If you need help with a payment plan, billing questions or other inquiries, call 1-888-664-2726. NM Gas Company will, as always, respond 24/7 to gas leaks and emergency calls.
- NM Gas Co.'s HEAT-NM assistance program is administered at Salvation Army:
Salvation Army, 4301 Bryn Mawr Dr. NE (near Montgomery/I-25), allows walk-ins for gas bill assistance Monday through Friday, 9-11 am and 1-3pm. You must wear a mask. Note: The office will be open through December 24 for food boxes and bus passes ($10), but the last day to submit an application for this year’s HEAT-NM assistance is December 18. Applications for 2021 can be submitted starting January 4. You must bring an ID for every household member (birth certificate or Medicaid card for children), 2 months of current/previous gas bills, proof of income (unless no income), proof you applied for LIHEAP unless you are 65 or older. If the gas bill is under another person’s name, you need a copy of their ID and a note from them giving permission for you to seek assistance. Questions? Call 505-872-1171, ext. 1 (Family Services)
PNM has one phone number to call for assistance with PNM bills:
PNM customers can call 855-364-2950 or fill out an application at www.HELPNM.com, and press the “PNM COVID-19 Relief” tab. They will be screened according to income level for household. If they qualify, their application will be submitted for up to 3 different programs, depending on income level and past due amount on the bill. Good Neighbor Fund is one of 3 funds PNM currently offers to assist customers.
For more info visit:
Assistance applying for low-income water and solid waste credit is available at Storehouse or Rio Grande Food Project.
- If you need assistance with housing/utilities call Housing--Mortgage Finance Authority (MFA) Emergency Housing 1-800-444-6880
- Rio Grande Food Project - Our PNM Good Neighbor Fund electricity and Bernalillo County Water Utility Authority water bill assistance work is being conducted remotely. Call 505-967-8045 on Monday, Wednesday or Friday from 8 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. to secure an appointment.
- NM Human Services Dept - Li HEAP Program, 1800-2834465 ($240/year) - https://www.yes.state.nm.us/yesnm/home/index
- Internet Essentials Free to New Customers: Through June 30, eligible new customers can sign up to receive 60 days of complimentary Internet Essentials service, which is the nation’s largest, most comprehensive internet adoption program for low-income households. We work in partnership with tens of thousands of school districts, libraries, municipalities, and nonprofit community partners to help bridge the digital divide and support digital literacy. We recently expanded Internet Essentials eligibility to include all low-income families, including seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities.
- Speed Boost for All Internet Essentials Customers: We’ve permanently increased speeds for all of our new and existing Internet Essentials customers across the country.
- Support For University Students: Xfinity is now offering eligible university students who live in our service areas and need internet service a Visa prepaid card worth about two months of internet service. No upfront fees, no installation costs.
- Free Xfinity WiFi For Everyone: Through June 30, Xfinity WiFi hotspots located in businesses and outdoor locations across the country are available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity internet subscribers.
- Unlimited Data: While the vast majority of Xfinity customers do not come close to using 1TB of data in a month, Comcast is pausing its data plans through June 30 giving all customers unlimited data for no additional charge.
- No Disconnects or Late Fees for Xfinity Internet, Mobile, or Voice Customers: We will not disconnect a customer’s Xfinity Internet, Xfinity Mobile, or Xfinity Voice service, and we will waive late fees if they contact us and let us know that they can’t pay their bills through June 30. Sky has also committed to working with customers who might find it difficult to pay their bills and ensure they are supported appropriately. Comcast Business customers can find more information here.
- Free Calls for Sky Talk Customers: On April 3, Sky announced that calls to UK landlines at any time of day would temporarily be free for existing Sky Talk customers.
- Sky Mobile Data Boost: All Sky Mobile customers will receive a 10GB data boost free of charge. Sky Mobile customers can also make calls to the NHS helpline and hospital phone numbers for free.
- Virtual Tools for Businesses: Comcast Business is supporting customers as they begin to run their businesses from home, providing free trials of apps and services including virtual project management, business text messaging, and collaboration tools that will help them stay productive and secure.
- Cybersecurity Protection: With the influx in COVID-19-related cybersecurity schemes, our team of security experts continue to work 24/7 to monitor our network using a mix of highly sophisticated technologies, threat intelligence, and proprietary AI-powered software, which helps us to detect and block hundreds of thousands of cyber events every second.